Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Good To Be Back!


It has been quite a long hiatus. Having launched the website www.abyjit.com, somehow started ignoring the amazing role that the blog can actually play. Recently, having interacted with some pros and semi-pros, I could see how their blogs make a difference to what they represent. So here I am at it again, hoping to draw attention to what I love doing and share whatever little I know about photography and its nuances through my experiences.
When I had started out with the blog having rediscovered photography with my first DSLR, I had somehow decided never to put up any portraits. I felt it would somehow dent the privacy of people I shoot. But as time passed and I kept on shooting, I ended up realizing that portraits are what my forte is! So, I had a re-think and decided to put up portraits as well. With the inevitable social media boom there are a zillion personal pictures flying around anyways.

For the records, I could add a Canon 50mm f/1.2 and a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS (Mark I) to my kitty, both of which are excellent premium lenses for portraits. This was shot with the 70-200mm. 

No comments: